Tuesday, 17 July 2007

NEW MARCH, LETTER FROM THE UK, VIDEO OF OLD MARCH,

Letter to Vodacom CEO Alan Knott-Craig

I have been informed by UNI Global Union of the disgraceful behaviour of Vodacom management in South Africa.
The attitude of Vodacom management towards the CWU and Vodacom workers is totally inexcusable and doesn't comply with ILO Core Labour Standards. I fully support the CWU and the workers in their struggle to get union recognition in Vodacom.
I am aware that the situation in South Africa is escalating and I urge Vodacom management to
immediately stop the anti-union tactics and allow the workers their basic right to have union recognition.
I look forward to hearing that you have changed your stance and that positive steps have been
made to a resolution of this conflict. Furthermore, we also condemn the recent steps to obtain a court order to stop the strike action, instead of talking to the CWU to resolve the issue

Denise McGuire
Connect
www.connectuk.org

No comments: